Due to continued growth and investment this leading player within the design, development and deployment of advanced automation solutions for warehouses and distribution centres are looking to recruit a Control Systems Engineer for their office based near Antwerp
Salary: Circa €40,000 - €60,000 plus car/car allowance, overtime and benefits
Suitable for: Control Systems Engineer, Controls Engineer, Automation Engineer, PLC Programmer, PLC Software Engineer
The Control Systems Engineer will be principally working on the delivery of fully tested and documented control systems on time and within budget
- The Control Systems Engineer will perform the role in terms of control system definition, standards, design, specification and concept.
- Responsible for application engineering of HMI/PLC systems for fully automated Warehouse Control Systems.
- To function as a key player within a project team to deliver the system, fully tested and documented to site to the required specifications and project schedule.
- Involvement in system definition.
- Design, coding, specification and test of PLC, HMI and AC drive software.
- Focal point for on-site technical & commissioning.
- Create and maintain good relations with customers and suppliers.
- Company representation at both internal and external meetings.
- May be required to provide out of hours (pager) support for installed control systems.
- May be required to provide on the job training for internal and external resources.
- May be required to provide technical support to sales department and assist in the preparation and presentation of sales tenders and proposals.
Background and experience:
Academic recognition and practical experience in the field of electrical and controls engineering
- Industrial experience is required with sound knowledge of all or some of the following hardware platform and associated programming languages – Beckhoff, Siemens S7, Rockwell (Allen Bradley).
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Excellent word processing and spread sheet skills.
- Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation would also be of benefit.
- Application knowledge of industrial warehouse systems (cranes, monorails, etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (e.g. PROFIBUS, ASI), AC drives and design experience of HMI systems would be an advantage.
- Industrial experience of other controls platforms (e.g. Mitsubishi, Modicon, etc).
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Control Systems Engineer role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.