£40k - 50k per year + benefits
about 1 year ago
Due to investment in the next level of automated technologies, a leading high technology business is currently recruiting a Control Systems Engineer.
Commutable from: Oxford, Swindon, Bicester, Newbury, Aylesbury, Didcot, Wantage
Salary: £ 40,000 - £ 50,000 p.a. + benefits
Suitable for: Control Systems Engineer, Controls Engineer, Automation Engineer, Software Engineer
This role exists to be one of the key players in the design and development of PLC / PC software for both machine accessories and retro-fits, for both current and new equipment and automation. It is one of a group of multi-functional Engineers with the ability to identify and problem solve issues related to production processes, equipment, and manufacturability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Works in conjunction with mechanical, electrical and automation engineering, and colleagues in Research & Development in the development of current machines, and the design of new machines with particular focus on all aspects of software including development and maintenance
- Project manages with hands-on ownership of all aspects of software developments, from detailed design through to final validation
- Ensure all prototypes are programmed to the correct/desired standard and are validated for use
- 3+ years in machine / automation software development
- Specific experience of working with industrial machinery within a technical environment, not just a general software engineering or infrastructure background
- Multi language PLC / PAC programming capabilities; Omron-Sysmac, Siemens TIA, Rockwell – ControlLogix/CompactLogix, Opto 22 desirable
- Experience in HMI design
- Proficient in software troubleshooting
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to demonstrate a flair for creativity and innovation
- Able to work independently and demonstrate excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills, between multiple projects
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary project team
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.