Control Systems Engineer - Permanent - Oxfordshire - Attractive
A Control Systems Engineer is required within a Market Leading and Advanced Manufacturing Organisation. The Control Systems Engineer will be one of the key players in the design and development of PLC / PC software for machine accessories and current/new equipment/automation.
The Control Systems Engineer will have the ability to identify and problem solve issues related to production processes, equipment, and manufacturability.
Due to the continued success of this company, a highly technological driven organisation requires a visionary and inspiring Control Systems Engineer for a new permanent role.
As the Control Systems Engineer you will be required to:
- Works in conjunction with mechanical, electrical and automation engineering, and colleagues in Research & Development
- Development of current machines, and the design of new machines
- Focus on all aspects of software including development and maintenance
- Project management with hands-on ownership of all aspects of software developments
- Detailed design through to final validation
- Ensure all prototypes are programmed to the correct/desired standard and are validated
- Assisting the R&D, Service & Support and Manufacturing teams as and when required
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Occasional travelling may be required for this post
The Control Systems Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering or similar
- HNC/HND qualified candidates considered with significant practical experience
- Experience in machine / automation software development
- Specific experience of working with industrial machinery within a technical environment
- Multi language PLC / PAC programming capabilities and Experience in HMI design
- Proficient in software troubleshooting
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to work independently
- Demonstrate excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary project team
- Creating / participating in FMEAs and Designing Verification Plans
- Experience of Industry standards would be advantageous, including; Safety of machinery
- Risk assessment and risk reduction knowledge and knowledge with ISO Standards
- Proficient in the preparation of all related technical documentation
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon and to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Control Systems Engineer role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446102.