£35k - 50k per year + benefits
Due to continued growth, a strong order book and new projects, a leading independent provider of industrial software and systems integration solutions is looking to recruit a Control Systems Engineer to work from their offices in either Warrington or Middlesbrough. The company works with high profile blue chip clients across the Pharmaceutical, Medical and Manufacturing industries and experiences outstanding staff retention levels
Salary: £35-50k plus benefits
Suitable for: Control Systems Engineer, Controls Engineer, Automation Engineer, PLC/SCADA Engineer, Software Engineer, Project Engineer, Systems Engineer
- The Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of process control system solutions and involved in all project lifecycle activities, including fault-finding, the preparation of design specifications and reports, software programming, project execution, testing, installation and commissioning.
- Other responsibilities include providing technical support to users internally and externally, and assisting your colleagues in ensuring the successful completion of projects on time, to budget and the relevant level of quali
- You will be responsible for maintaining and developing customer relationships in a highly professional manner. You will also be required to complete all tasks in line with the company Quality Management System.
Background and experience:
- Significant experience in one of the following mainstream PLC / SCADA systems is required. Siemens S7/300, S7/400, S5, Allen Bradley SLC500, PLC5, ControlLogix, CompactLogix.SCADA systems such as WinCC, InTouch, FactoryTalk View, iFIX
- Applicants may not have knowledge of all these systems but should have a good knowledge of at least one PLC and one SCADA system with sufficient practical experience to be able to work with other types of systems as dictated by project requirements.
- Ability to work as part of a team of engineers on a day to day basis to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, under budget, with the required quality that the clients expect and in line with the Quality Management System. The successful candidate should have the ability to be able to work with minimal supervision on smaller projects or as part of a team on larger projects.
- The successful candidate will be required to mentor junior members of staff and be actively involved in their development. The candidate will be expected to produce project documentation, such as design documentation and test specifications and expected to review documents produced by junior engineers.
- Applicants must have the ability to work on customers sites on their own. They will represent and enhance the company's image in related technical areas. They should be able to quickly gain the confidence of customers and internal staff. A "can do" positive attitude is required with the desire to extend their skill set, take on board new challenges and to help the company grow its reputation and customer base.
- Good documentation & communication skills are essential for this role.
Their staff development ethos encourages team members to think laterally which results in better solutions for their customers. They recognise that to be able to retain the best employees with up-to-the-minute skills, they need to invest in your development.
They marry on-the-job experience with formal training and have an open management style – senior personnel are always available to discuss ideas. Over 60% of their workforce has been with the business for more than eight years which they believe demonstrates our commitment to good staff relations.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.