Due to continued growth this global provider of systems and solutions for commercial and defence applications are looking to recruit a Control Systems Engineer
Salary: Circa £30,000 - £55,000 per annum plus benefits
Suitable for: Control Systems Engineer, Controls Engineer, Process Control Engineer, Automation Engineer, PLC Software Engineer, PLC Programmer
As a key member of the hardware and systems team, the role of the Control Systems Engineer will be to design and develop COTS PLC and SCADA based solutions that form part of a Platform Management System for UK defence projects.
• Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
• Specify, design and develop COTS PLC hardware solutions to meet customer requirements & standards.
• Select suitable PLC I/O modules and signal conditioning hardware to interface to 3rd party marine equipment.
• Select suitable interface hardware to support data interfaces to 3rd party marine equipment.
• Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
• Work with the mechanical & electrical design teams to develop the enclosure/panel designs.
• Work with the software design team to develop software solutions in line with the hardware design.
• Work with the Safety, Information Assurance and ILS (maintainability) teams to develop the design and support their assessments.
• Demonstrate compliance of the design to customer and regulatory requirements.
• Work with the V&V teams to ensure that systems are fully tested and verified to the requirements.
• Provide technical oversight of subcontractors.
• Manage & ‘impact assess’ the customers maturing C&I Signals Database.
• Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
• Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
Background and experience:
• Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline.
• Experience of design and integration of PLC and SCADA based control system solutions.
• Interpretation of customer C&I design data (Technical Specifications, C&I Signals Database, Electrical Schematics, P&IDs, Functional Design Specifications/Control Narratives, C&Es, Interface Specifications, etc. ).
• Ability to generate technical documentation to a high standard (technical manuals, architecture diagrams, block diagrams, test specifications, etc.).
• Experience within defence, maritime, Oil & Gas, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector.
• Experience of distributed PLC and SCADA systems.
• Experience of high availability/redundant PLC and SCADA systems.
• Experience of PLC based safety systems up to SIL2 in acc. with IEC 61508 or equivalent.
• Experience of industrial Ethernet network design and testing.
• Familiar with network analysis tools and techniques.
• Specification of COTS hardware capable of meeting Environmental & EMC standards; e.g. Def Stan 00-35, Def Stan 59-411, MIL-STD-461 or similar.
• Experience of MTBF data FMECAs, reliability block diagrams, etc.
• Customer interfacing
• Management of sub-contractors.
Please note, for this particular role we can only accept British Passport holders, no dual nationals. Please note that in the event that the required clearance cannot be obtained you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
This role offers an outstanding career development opportunity and the chance to join a well respected global business
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Control Systems Engineer role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.