£40 - 45 per hour
8 months ago
Job title: Control Systems Engineer
Salary Range: £40.00 - £45.00 per hour
Hours: Days Monday to Friday
6 month rolling contract working for a leading automation specialist supplying solutions for health systems, warehouses and distribution centres .
A Control Systems Engineer is required with knowledge of PLC Software & Commissioning experience Siemens or Beckhoff, will also look at Rockwell/Allen Bradley. Responsible for the application engineering of HMI/PLC systems for fully automated warehouse control systems. Candidates with knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (e.g. PROFIBUS, ASI), AC drives and design experience of HMI systems would be well received.
Due to ongoing new projects this client based in Redditch requires a dynamic, leading Control Systems Engineer on a 6-month rolling contract basis. As a Control Systems Engineer, you will be required to:
- To deliver fully tested and documented control systems on time within budget
- Perform the role of Electrical Project Engineer in terms of control system definition, standards, design, specification and concept.
- Responsible for application engineering of HMI/PLC systems for fully automated Warehouse Control Systems.
- To function as a key player within a project team to deliver the system, fully tested and documented to site to the required specifications and project schedule.
- Involvement in system definition.
- Design, coding, specification and test of PLC, HMI and AC drive software.
- Focal point for on-site technical & commissioning.
- Create and maintain good relations with customers and suppliers.
- Company representation at both internal and external meetings.
- May be required to provide out of hours (pager) support for installed control systems.
- May be required to provide on the job training for internal and external resources.
The Control Systems engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Industrial experience is required with sound knowledge of all or some of the following hardware platform and associated programming languages - Beckhoff, Siemens S7, Rockwell (Allen Bradley).
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Excellent word processing and spread sheet skills.
- Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation would also be of benefit.
- Application knowledge of industrial warehouse systems (cranes, monorails, etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (e.g. PROFIBUS, ASI), AC drives and design experience of HMI systems would be an advantage.
- Industrial experience of other controls platforms (e.g. Mitsubishi, Modicon, etc)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Electrical Control Systems. In return for your experience, this Redditch based automation specialist will offer you:
- 6 month rolling contract position
- 40 hour working week with overtime available
- £40.00 - £45.00 per hour
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Electrical Control Systems for automation control panels and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Control Systems, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.