Our client is looking for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to deliver control systems and systems engineering capability to the electrical team. Also in the short term, to provide functional safety knowledge to the electrical team and the wider business
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OPERATIONAL DUTIES:
- Reporting to the Principal Engineer - Electrical Systems, this role will be part of the electrical team delivering Control and Systems Engineering
- The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering control systems and system engineering activities.
- Development of engineering documents detailing the requirements of electrical, electronic and control systems and components.
- Development, testing and calibration of Control Systems software using Matlab / Simulink.
- Full support of the Systems Engineering V-Cycle
- This role will require some travel to customer sites, as required.
INTERIM RESPONSIBILITIES AND OPERATIONAL DUTIES:
- In the interim, this role shall also include operating partially in a Functional Safety Engineer role. It is envisaged that this element shall be for an initial period of 2 months and last no longer than 12 months with an average commitment of 1 day per week and tapering downwards. Thereafter, occasional support may be required as necessary.
- Preparation and maintenance of the business functional safety road map in alignment with strategic goals.
- With the support and guidance of an external consultant roll-out of company standards and methodologies for Functional Safety analysis/compliance.
- Working with engineers from multiple disciplines, they will be responsible for implementing and assisting in Functional Safety activities within the division.
- Degree in Electronics Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject
- Experience of implementing Functional Safety activities according to ISO26262 and/or IEC6150
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Knowledge of hybrid and electric vehicles and the hazards relating to high voltage batteries and systems.
- Membership of a professional body at Chartered Engineer level.