Job Title: Control Panel Design Engineer
Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Control Panel Design Engineer to work for our client at their facility in Sheffield, the role will include all aspects of design activities and will be responsible for Supporting the company to deliver its multi-megawatt project commitments.
The role will be involved in production design of electrical designs, layouts, BoMs, schematics and Assembly Instructions and would suit someone who has experience with LV Panel and experience with designing CE marked electrical panels to EN61439.
- Technically review and understand engineering requirements.
- Production of electrical panel designs, layouts, BoMs, schematics and assembly instructions.
- Design of field wiring, cable and termination schedules.
- Support inspection and testing of final systems.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of electrical regulations, technology and best practise.
- Ability and willingness to work 'hands-on' to assist with fault finding
- Work with other engineering disciplines and departments such as procurement and planning to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner.
Essential Experience and Background:
- Time served engineer.
- Strong working experience with industrial electrical systems.
- Expert user with LV panel CAD software packages.
- Experience designing CE marked electrical panels and installations in accordance with EN 61439.
- Good understanding of safety circuits and components.
- Capability to work on projects in parallel.
- A can do attitude and a willingness to get involved with all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- The successful candidate must be willing to occasionally travel within the UK and overseas.
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations qualified.
- A full UK driving licence
- Experience with incorporating Siemens PLCs and switchgear into panel designs.
- Knowledge of EN 61439, IEC 60364.
- Knowledge of the LV and EMC directives.
- Design/specification of wiring looms
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.