Control Engineer - Electric Machines & Drives - Midlands - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits
A Control Engineer is required for a flourishing department at the forefront of electric and hybrid vehicle design and development. The successful candidate will contribute to the engineering of innovative powertrain solutions for a range of high-technology and challenging automotive and motorsport applications.
As Control Engineer - Electric Machines & Drives - you will be required to
- Capture and interpret control requirements.
- Develop novel solutions to real-world problems.
- Core power system and control modelling using Simulink, MATLAB environments.
- Prototype testing and verification.
- Calibration, testing and verification using static and dynamic test rigs.
As Control Engineer - Electric Machines & Drives- you will have
- An Engineering degree in a control-related and/or electrical and electronic engineering discipline.
- 2+ years in a servo/electrical/hybrid powertrain control environment.
- A practical understanding of classical control theory, both in the analogue and digital domains.
- A good appreciation of modern digital control theory, algorithms, techniques and practical limitations.
- Awareness of observer-based control design and filtering techniques.
- Experience of modelling motion control and electrical traction systems in the Mathworks environment.
- Knowledge of energy storage components, power electronics, electric machines and their associated control mechanisms.
Suitably qualified and experienced Control Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .