Title: Control & Instrumentation (C&I) Technician
Purpose of Job:
- We are currently recruiting an experienced Control and Instrumentation Technician to work at our client's site in the Wolverhampton area.
- The role will be contributing to the maintenance, inspection and rectification on all plant instruments and to provide preventative maintenance schedules while implementing a culture of continuous improvement.
- The role will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager/Operations Manager.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain, calibrate and inspect all plant instruments to ensure optimum output is achieved.
- Report on electronics and control systems data.
- Maintain all emissions equipment and records.
- Electronic data reporting and managing control systems throughout the plant.
- Interact with operations personnel in regards to fault finding, test, modification to process requirements, and updating of drawings.
- To carry out isolations as necessary and in conjunction with maintenance/operations requests.
- Implement and monitor a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Analyse process variables, report on anomalies and investigate actions to rectify.
- Effectively react to changes in circumstances and unplanned emergencies in relation to Plant and equipment.
- To assist other maintenance personnel as required.
- Environmental Agency reports.
- Liaise with contractors as the need arises.
- Working at Height and in confined spaces.
- Ensure plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
- Report when stock levels are at re-order level for all items of spares and consumables.
Health & Safety:
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company's Health and Safety procedures/policy and all Company policies.
- Active involvement in fire drills and evacuation exercises.
- Reporting to the relevant levels of management any contravention of statutory and companies safe working practices, this includes reporting accidents and incidents.
- Work within the requirements of the Company's Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Highlight any necessary changes required within Plant Operating Instructions (POI's), and Risk Assessments.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all departments.
- The above duties are not exhaustive. The job holder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
- Proven work history in a similar position.
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively interpret data, and knowledge of fault finding.
- Ability to work under pressure and take on additional duties when required.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- HNC Level qualification or equivalent.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment