£38,337.75 - 38,337.75 per year
Role: Control & Instrumentation (C&I) Technician
Salary: £38,337.75 per annum, pro rata
12 Months Fixed Term
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced of Control & Instrumentation (C&I) Technician to contribute to the maintenance, inspection and rectification on all plant instruments. And to provide preventative maintenance schedules while implementing a culture of continuous improvement.
- Maintain, calibrate and inspect all plant instruments to ensure optimum output is achieved.
- Report on electronics and control systems data.
- Maintain all emissions equipment and records.
- Electronic data reporting and managing control systems throughout the plant.
- Interact with operations personnel in regards to fault finding, test, modification to process requirements, and updating of drawings.
- To carry out isolations as necessary and in conjunction with maintenance/operations requests.
- Implement and monitor a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Analyse process variables, report on anomalies and investigate actions to rectify.
- Effectively react to changes in circumstances and unplanned emergencies in relation to Plant and equipment.
- To assist other maintenance personnel as required.
- Environmental Agency reports.
- Liaise with contractors as the need arises.
- Report when stock levels are at re-order level for all items of spares and consumables
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company’s Health and Safety procedures/policy and all Company policies.
- Work within the requirements of the Company’s Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Highlight any necessary changes required within Plant Operating Instructions (POI’s), and Risk Assessments.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC level in a relevant subject, although applications will be considered from candidates with a suitable level of recent experience in a similar role.
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively interpret data, read drawings and knowledge of fault-finding.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and take on additional duties when required.
- Recent and relevant experience from Energy from Waste, Power, and civil engineering sectors preferred. Experience of working on site from height and in confined spaces/restricted entry spaces if/when required.
- Able to work as part of a team and independently using own initiative and with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A current First Aid qualification
- Experience and/or knowledge of working with ISO 9001/14001 frameworks
- Salary £38,337.75 per annum, pro rata (6 month FTC)
- Holidays = 224 hours (inclusive of all statutory holiday entitlement) per annum that will be pro rated for the 6 months.
- Working week = 40 hours per week (includes 30 minutes paid lunch break and 2 15 minute paid breaks) 08:00 – 16:00 M – F.
- However, there may be a requirement to work over these hours where necessary, including out of hours support if/when required.
- The successful recruit may be required to work on the usual public/bank holidays, as outlined in the current shift rota.
- Overtime available, along with company Pension Scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.