Contracts Specialist - West Midlands - Permanent - Aerospace/Defence Industry
A Contracts Specialist is required with experience of leading teams and supporting strategic goals. Candidates with experience of the Defence or Aerospace industries would be well received.
Due to the continued success and growth this company, a globally recognised manufacturer of complex aerospace components and systems based in the West Midlands requires a motivated and proactive Contracts Specialist for a new permanent role. As the Contracts Specialist, you will be required to:
- Lead a number of Contracts Administrators, ensuring they have guidance, development and performance goals and support.
- Oversee full cycle customer orders providing customer updates on order progress.
- Managing customer-owned repair assets in a government asset management system
- Coordinate the preparation and submittal of price quotations for spare parts and product support services
- Review of contractual terms within purchase orders to ensure compliance and consistency with agreed terms, highlighting any business risk or terms that deviate from those which have been agreed.
- Utilising the CRM system to manage submission and tracking of quotations to customers and production of reports to leadership.
- Analyse terms and conditions within competitive and single source proposals from customers, articulating risks to leadership and bid team.
- Negotiate terms and conditions under guidance from leadership team, including consulting with Aircraft Group Legal Counsel, when required.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of programme proposals
The Contracts Specialist must have the following:
- Experience of leading a team, particularly in the contracts/commercial function or similar customer focused team, i.e. programme/customer account management
- Ideally a Bachelors degree or equivalent within business or contract law.
- Proven experience in managing differing types of customer contracts
- Understanding and application of contract provisions such as warranties, remedies, technical data rights
- Ability to influence thinking or to convince others. Must be an articulate and persuasive leader who can communicate effectively with all levels of seniority within the business, including key senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge and application of UK and US Government conditions, i.e. DEFCONs and FARs and DFARS would be desirable.
- Proven experience of using MRP and ERP systems, ideally SAP from order creation to close out is ideal but not essential.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Contracts within a highly regulated environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Contracts Specialist role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.