Job Title: Contracts / Projects Engineer
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Contracts/Project Engineer to work for our client site within their Projects Team.
The role will be involved in managing projects for equipment supply and turnkey installation to commercial and technical completion within contract requirements.
The role may also include the preparation of basic sales tenders for our complete range of equipment and site installation services.
This opportunity can also further develop to include working with the Applications Engineering team to plan and cost future project solutions to suit our client's needs.
- Overall responsibility for the supervision of the day-to-day activities and co-ordination of projects, including design, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning.
- Communicate with cross functional team members and sub-contractors as required to deliver project goals.
- Ensure accurate information is assembled within the framework of the Company's Quality Procedures to enable the procurement and manufacture of equipment to contract requirements.
- Provide on-going project planning/status reporting for use by the Company management and our customers.
- Ensure contract compliance with the Company's commercial terms and conditions and negotiate acceptable variations where required.
- Provide timely, accurate and reliable project variation quotations to our customers in association with the Company's Field Sales Engineers and Sales Management.
- Occasional travel to sites within the UK and Ireland
- Ideally you will have practical engineering skills plus a formal qualification (HNC/HND or Degree) in a related field such as MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, PROCESS ENGINEERING, or CHEMICAL ENGINEERING.
- Experience of working in this job role is preferred.
- Longer experience may be considered as an advantage over academic achievement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good project control and resolution experience is ideal.
- The ability to work within a team environment and to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels within the Company structure and with our customers and suppliers.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.