Customer Account Manager – Manchester or Doncaster
Reporting to the Freight Business Manager on behalf of our rail sector products and service Client, the Customer Account / Contracts Manager is to manage & deliver products, goods & services contracts with key customers.
Ideally, you will need to understand rail customer requirements including specifications, volumes, schedules, and material requirements. However, candidates from other manufacturing and operations environment will be considered.
The role is to liaise with external and internal stakeholders, customers, and suppliers, building robust relationships to ensure effective management of service.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Effective communication with the customer and proactive management of any issues
- Build and develop understanding of rail specifications
- Understanding of required stocks and schedules of demand
- Ensuring all transactional data is collated and communicated as required
- Ensuring KPI’s are met
- Understanding and investigation of any quality and technical issues
- Collate and communicate of any additional costs
- Develop long term relationships and service offerings through opportunity-based initiatives
- Develop and maintain key relationships at multiple levels with the customer
- Lead regular contract and performance reviews with the customer to monitor service performance together with the production of KPI’s, meeting minutes and proactive management of actions
- Initiate and lead improvement initiatives
- Manage team members and develop their skills and capability
- To work closely with other members of the Commercial Team and support as required
- To monitor & delivery Monthly Sales Targets
- Have close liaison with operational and technical teams to:
- Ensure adequate availability of resource required to undertake workload
- Communicate and manage customer schedule changes
- Maintain a consistently thorough eye on the quality of work being undertaken to ensure compliance to safety applications and customer specifications
- Ensuring the timely availability of all required materials
- Ensure materials stocks are managed and audited
- Liaison with supply chain and expediting of deliveries
- Proactive management and risk management of issues (quality and delivery)
- Facilitation of both Incoming and outgoing logistics of the assets
- Ensure transactional processes are completed in a timely manner
- To drive the use of the company ERP system at all levels ensuring system inputs are maintained
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Five GCSE’s or equivalent to include Maths and English (Grade C or equivalent)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, power point and excel
- As UK travel is a requirement; a full driving licence is required
- Ability to see, own & resolve issues through to completion
- Degree qualified in a relevant field
- Four years’ experience in similar customer facing role.
- Have Project Management experience - a recognised qualification would be beneficial
- Understanding of lean principles
- Open minded, strong commitment levels & resilient
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
- Commercial awareness
- Planning, organisation, and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
If you feel you have the skills and experience to support this role, then please apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.