We urgently require a Contracts Engineer for one of Europe's largest Offshore Wind Projects. Our client is part of the Blauwwind Consortium that is delivering the Borselle III & IV Offshore Wind Programme and this post will be based within the projects team based in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Reporting directly to the Contracts Manager and Project Director you will manage the contracts between Blauwwind and third parties for the execution of the design, fabrication, construction, installation and commissioning of the offshore wind farm. Such contracts will include not only the main EPCI execution but also specialist consultancy, engineering services and equipment supply and 3rd party interfaces. This position will have significant responsibility in the delivery of the turbines from manufacturing through to installation and servicing agreements.
As the Contracts Engineer you will be supporting all members of the Blauwwind Project Management team with the development and negotiation of contract agreements and the on-going contracts advice on a broad range of subject matters. Thus, obtaining alignment and agreement with all project personnel including project director, package managers, engineering, construction, legal and project finance functions on the contracting basis, deliverables and cost associated with all 3rd party contractors and suppliers.
There are a number of key factors and functional controlling aspects for the role, which include:
Contract Administration & Management:
- Establish knowledge of technical and procedural requirements of the project and each Contract.
- Be the daily contract management focal point for specified contracts.
- Regularly interface with the contract owner (package manager and/or technical lead) on specified contracts.
- Take an active role with the project team in reviewing contractor programmes and assist with the verification of contract progress against contract requirements.
- Assess and discuss the consequences of (technical) decisions against the contract terms. Provide recommendations to the Contract Manager and/or Package Manager.
- Prepare Variation Requests in accordance with a Contract.
- Participate in contract progress meetings as required. To provide contract input and to assist the contract owner in administration, action tracking, minutes of meeting etc.
- Review contractor progress reports and provide comment and input to the contract owner for discussion with the contractor as necessary.
- Provide input into the project monthly progress report.
- Proactively assist with management of potential claims scenarios including taking part in the resolution of commercial and/or contract issues/disputes for a given Contract.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity to be involved with one Europe's leading Offshore Wind Farms you will have significant experience in a strategic Contracts Management, Quantity Surveying or Contracts Engineering role. You will had experience with either FIDIC (preferred), BIMCO or LOGIC contracts or end construction law. A relevant university degree or professional institution qualification would be advantageous and a proven experience in offshore wind projects and transmission infrastructure would be very well received.
You will need to have excellent English communication skills both verbal and written. Also a proficient understanding of the Dutch language will be very beneficial.
Based in Rotterdam City Centre this position will be directly employed by our client on a 3-year fixed term contract with the potential for future projects thereafter. In return our client can offer a salary up to 80,000 Euros, a Bonus up to 20%, Holiday Allowance (8% on base salary), Pension & Commuting Expenses. Our client is seeking to make this appointment asap and is holding face to face interview the week commencing the 29th October with the view of appointing in November. Candidates that are immediately available to take up this post will be greatly received.
If you would like to discuss this Contracts Engineer role in more detail then please call Les Hines on 01384 397555 or send your CV .