about 1 year ago
Contract Quality Engineer
Are you a Contract Quality Engineer who can ensure that all products are introduced, manufactured and verified to customer requirements and corrective actions are effectively implemented when non-conformances are found?
Through product involvement, investigation, monitoring and audits you will take ownership and responsibility for quality and be pro-active in the role of achieving the company target of 100% business quality and product conformance.
Core duties in this role will include;
- To conduct internal / supplier investigations to determine root cause using structured problem solving techniques.
- Ensuring effective and robust Containment and Corrective Actions are implemented and verified to prevent repeat concerns.
- Ensuring that all Quality system documentation is updated in line with Corrective Actions, i.e. Care points, MWI's and Job Wallets.
- Raising and submit Customer Concessions.
- Compiling and manage Customer, Internal and Supplier 8D's.
- To liaise with Customers and undertake Customer visits.
- Managing the booking and reporting of Internal and External scrap.
- To liaise with Suppliers and undertake Supplier visits/audits.
- Participating in operator Training and development.
- Participating and managing activities detailed in weekly scrap meetings.
- Undertaking Product, Process and QMS audits in line with schedule.
- Observing and complying with all aspects of the following International Quality Systems:-
BS EN AS9100:2009 (Aerospace)
- Observing and comply with Company Operating Procedures
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Automotive & Aerospace quality systems.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of MSA, PFMEA, Process Flowcharts, Control Plans & Manufacturing Work Instructions.
- Knowledge and experience in problem solving.
- Familiar with CMM activity and ability to Interpret CMM reports including capability studies.
- Ability to manage Customer approval requirements, i.e. ISIR, FAI, FAVE or PPAP.
- Ability to manage Suppliers regarding approval, rating and development.
- Good understanding and competent in leading 8D activity.
- Have good practical, technical and analytical skills, with a good understanding of Capability studies and SPC.
Personal Qualities for this Contract Quality Engineer will include:
- Being able to manage a varied work load in an efficient manner.
- Being self-motivated, show initiative and take responsibility.
- The ability to investigate and problem solve using structured problem solving techniques.
- The ability to communicate at all levels, internally, at Customers and with Suppliers.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with Customers and Suppliers.
If keen to learn more please contact Grant Nisbet at Jonathan Lee for more detail.