Continuous Improvement Specialist - Manufacturing - Leicester - Permanent
A Continuous Improvement Specialist is required with experience of Systems Development and Implementation. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace or Automotive industry or similar manufacturing environments would be well received.
Due to the continued success and growth of this company, a globally successful manufacturer of high strength components for the Aerospace industry requires an analytical and transformational Continuous Improvement Specialist with experience of driving CI activities on a strategical level for a new permanent role. As the Continuous Improvement Specialist, you will be required to:
- Identify, lead and direct operational excellence projects
- Analyse and measure the effectiveness of complex business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements
- Research best business practices within and outside the organisation to establish benchmark data
- Collect and analyse process data to develop business practices and procedures that enhance safety, increase productivity and reduce costs
- Determine how "new information" technologies can support re-engineering business processes
- Coach and train employees in knowledge and skills to apply CI and process control concepts and tools.
- Promote a culture of process improvement, reduction in waste and continuous improvement.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist should have the following skills or experience:
- Experienced in operating system development and deployment within a large engineering/manufacturing environment
- Expert in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma/DMAIC methodology - including relevant certification - i.e. Six Sigma, Black Belt
- Project Management skills, delivering Operational Excellence/Continuous Improvement projects
- Strong Change Management skills
- Highly driven and hands on
- Experienced in either the Aerospace, Automotive or similar engineering environment is desirable
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of operating system development and deployment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Continuous Improvement Specialist role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.