Continuous Improvement Engineer
Willenhall, West Midlands
Up to £45,000,
We are working with a well respected and established manufacturing company based in the heart of the Black Country in the West Midlands.
The organisation is a British manufacturer of exceptionally high quality products which are sold through very specific markets. Whilst there is a significant standard product range, many items produced are bespoke and unique to the customer's specification. The organisation has an outstanding reputation in the market place, but realises that to maintain this position and grow, significant in-house procedural and cultural change is required; hence the need for the Continuous Improvement Engineer.
The business has asked us to search for a proven Continuous Improvement practitioner to coordinate an impactful CI strategy throughout the traditional production and manufacturing site.
Reporting to and working closely with the General Manager, you will be expected to champion CI projects at plant level, by working with and challenging production team members to deliver step change, over deliver budget and incremental improvements in all aspects of the business.
Working at all levels and throughout the business you will manage and coach team members to ensure CI projects are delivered to a successful conclusion and are worked into the fabric of the business. The successful candidate must have a proven and quantified track record of solid, practical experience in leading and completing CI projects.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills
- High level of communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently and on a wide number of assignments
- Ability to anticipate, negotiate and manage conflicts, problems, changing situations and deadlines
- Ability to lead training initiatives
- Advanced English speaking, and writing is essential
- Ideally a 6 Sigma accreditation or qualification
- Significant industrial experience production / supply chain / operational management
- Exposure to Continuous Improvement, deployment at site and production level
- Exposure to change management
- Proficiency in project management
- Degree, HNC or ONC in manufacturing discipline or business studies
- Lean 6 Sigma accreditation, Green Belt level is desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a truly traditional engineering and manufacturing firm that needs to embrace continuous improvement.