Continuous Improvement Leader/Engineer
Telford, Automotive Tier 1
Excellent salary and benefits package.
This business is a world class automotive tier 1 manufacturing business, a true global organisation. From its manufacturing base in Telford, it supplies high quality, complex assemblies to all the major OEMs in the UK and beyond, protecting them from any potential domestic downturn.
Due to increased work load and demand, the business has asked us to search for an exceptional Continuous Improvement, Lean specialist to work in the operational team. To lead continuous improvement activities across Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Delivery with a focus on Cost reduction.
Working across the business, but with focus on manufacturing, you will be working with at all levels, including at time the Managing Director on improving the efficient of the business.
The organisation is a major user of Japanese Lean and CI methodology, so it would be a distinct advantage if you have been immersed in these practices, particularly in an Automotive or fast paced manufacturing environment.
As Continuous Improvement Leader we are looking for the following Knowledge, Skills and Experiences.
- Minimum of an HND/HNC in a relevant discipline or experience of industrial engineering or TPS. A degree in automotive and or engineering/lean manufacturing is an advantage.
- Proven experience and ability to identify and deliver KAIZEN (continuous improvement).
- Demonstrable ability to identify and eliminate MUDA (waste) from processes.
- Demonstrable understanding of the foundation (5S/TPM/STD work) and the pillars (JIT and JIDOKA) of TPS sometimes referred to as the 'Toyota House'.
- Ability to produce MIFD/VSM (current and future state) and plan activity to deliver.
- High level of numerical / analytical ability.
- Ability and understanding of key lean aspects including Plan for Every Part, Lot Size, Packaging specification, Lead Time, Space Utilisation, Lean Internal Logistics.
- Ability to lead cross functional improvement teams.
- High level of proficiency using Excel spreadsheets to analyse date and manage KPIs
- Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrable ability to follow Practical Problem Solving (PPS) Methodology.
- Have an appreciation of the effects of poor ergonomic design on Health & Safety.
This is an excellent position for a Manufacturing Engineer who has been working in a CI or Lean environment that would like to focus on Continuous Improvement and to increase your knowledge within Japanese CI methodology.
If you have the above skills and attitude for the role, please apply.