£15 - £32 per hour
about 2 years ago
Job title: Projects & Continuous Improvement Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £32.00 per hour LTD
Industry: Off Highway - Diesel Engines
A Projects & Continuous Improvement Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
You will be responsible for the management of facility continuous improvement projects in support of EHS and Process Excellence activities. Drive World Class maintenance strategy for the Stafford site, defining current state, risks, refurbishment plans and critical asset controls.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing handover and completion of facility improvement projects to support both Construction & Infrastructure and Asset & Reliability teams.
- Management of key sub contractors. SLAs, account management, auditing and benchmarking.
- Management and auditing of the Maintenance parts stores.
- Development, monitoring and continuous improvement of Intensive Care Monitoring (ICM) activities that support operational processes.
- Development, monitoring and continuous improvement of technical services safety policies and standards.
- Developing a selected supplier list through benchmarking and supplier performance reviews alongside the Global Purchasing organisation.
- Report project status at key milestones to facility and business stakeholders.
- Perform technical analysis of manufacturing processes to support management decisions.
- Procure material and services related to manufacturing improvements through external suppliers.
- Respond to customer issues and lead process improvements.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Degree in a Maintenance or Manufacturing Engineering related discipline or equivalent extensive experience.
- Track record of delivering sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within an FMCG or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts such as Lean, CI, Process auditing, Safety Management.
- Experience project managing manufacturing and / or construction projects.
- Must be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude to take ownership of issues / deliver sustainable improvements and be an effective team player with the ability to communicate across all functions within business
Please contact James Tilley for more details.