Continuous Improvement and Quality Manager
£45,000 + benefits
For nearly 50 years, our client is the number one trade supplier in their market. Offering the widest selection in Europe they are also market leading in delivery lead-times due to their extensive on-site stock holdings and also boast the fastest customisation service on the market.
An opportunity has arisen for a Continuous Improvement and Quality Manager to join this award-winning business. This is a new role in a new department where you and your team will be responsible for the delivery of products to customers specifications whilst partnering with the R&D department to improve existing product offerings.
About the role
- Document and system creation for the department
- Personnel management of a team of five, across two shifts
- First and last sign off from the production line
- Supplier management, including international travel to inspect products and ensure compliance
- Develop and implement process and strategies to be followed by Quality and Production
- Drive quality improvements using CI methodologies and a range of problem solving tools eg the DMAIC, FMEA, RCA, 5WHYs
- Work with other departments to develop integrated software, hardware and control systems to aid communication, transparency and procedures to improve QC operations
- Use Lean manufacturing techniques to develop lean compliance and initiatives, and partner with the Production Manager to roll out to respective departments
- You will have run a quality department, managed a team and be confident in building processes that are rolled out company wide.
- Manufacturing experience is essential
- An awareness of Lean Manufacturing gained from working in industry
- A willingness to build and maintain positive working relationships and to share information with others
- Degree, foundation degree or HND in a engineering or science based field.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of the print industry, an experienced Continuous Improvement or Quality Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Manager role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17