Strong salary and benefits package
01384 446 174
Supply chain packaging solutions
East Anglia, option to have flexible home working.
Excellent salary and benefits to include :
25 days holiday + bank holidays, Bonus scheme ,Pension scheme
We are working with a highly reputable automotive manufacturing business in recruiting a Containerisation Manager which is required to support the Supply chain engineering department in advanced planning activities for packaging solutions for all current and new vehicle programmes.
Design and commission prototype and production packaging solutions for part, Sequenced and kitted deliveries.
You will be working within cross functional departments to ensure that all planning & packaging is in line with business expectations and planned activities for existing and future requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
The Supply chain Engineering department takes a lead in developing and deciding upon the best logistics solutions for the introduction of new parts for both existing and new products into the business.
The items below are examples of the general duties/responsibilities to be carried out by the wider supply chain team.
- Calculate internal / external costs that contribute to the Total Acquisition Cost of a part and feed that data into the supplier selection process.
- Develop & maintain the operational detail of Logistics footprints within current & future facility layouts.
- Review & sign off new part releases (Product Change Orders / Requests) after assessing the impact on packaging & process flow & capability.
- Support the introduction and maintenance of part kitting / decant activities for all current & future production lines through the planning of kitting zone layout, picking process & line side delivery methodology.
- Attending Project & Design Change Control meetings to ensure the team is launching suitable packaging solutions in line with required timings.
- Develop packaging standards for all containerisation requirements for the Group.
- Develop a future packaging strategy for all procured products.
- Work with third party suppliers to provide bespoke packaging for parts where required.
- Complete internal Vendor Packaging Method sheets to ensure all stakeholders have signed off agreed packaging solutions.
- Maintain project packaging tracker to ensure progress against part releases is measured at all time.
- Maintaining and develop the internal system for tracking returnable packaging.
- Support the launch and removal of containers in the logistics loop in line with MRP requirements.
- Develop and Monitor performance metrics for Packaging deliverables.
- Labelling & re-labelling of new bins to ensure parts are delivered to the correct supplier.
- Develop a maintenance, cleaning, and repair strategy for all containerisation.
- Maintain, track and work within defined department budgets.
- Develop future budget strategy for the department.
- Work within the health and safety guidelines for automotive requirements.
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Competent in the use of a PC and associated programs (excel / word).
- Aptitude for quick thinking and methodical in application of solutions
- Experience of problem resolution, continuous improvement activities, manufacturing, or supply chain environment.
- Flexible, attention to detail, team player, right first time proactive approach, good communicator
- Full UK / EU driving licence
- ONC or above in Engineering / Supply Chain
- Supply chain / Packaging / Automotive / Process Engineering
- Knowledge of and ability to use key software systems, IFS, MPPDM, AutoCAD or other 2d or 3d drawing packages.
- Experience of Automotive supply chain or manufacturing environment
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.