Logistics Project Analyst
£hourly rates are negotiable - DOE
A well-known automotive manufacturer based in Oxford is seeking a Logistics Project Analyst to plan & deliver assembly containers.
The role is a project management position, ensuring containers for delivery of assembly parts from suppliers are delivered on time, meeting cost and quality objectives.
- Introduce new container concepts
- Develop container solutions that support the Assembly & logistics model
- Develop use of network & systems to improve container planning efficiency
- Increase the use of standard containers to improve business flexibility
- Awareness of environmental and legislative requirements
- Investment decisions - overall container inventory for assembly at Oxford c. £16M
- Project timings - compromise between finding & evaluating the optimum solution & supporting project launch
- Budget savings - transport & operational budget influence of changes to container concept / design
- Container Investment
- Product Quality (QZS, QZF, Direct Run) - avoiding transportation damage through robust container design
Container repair / replacement
- Trackside delivery performance (TDP) - ensure containers available in loop & continuity of supply during launch.
- Launch timings, container availability for Process Series, LP & SV stages
- On Time Delivery - avoidance of parts shortages directly resulting from container issues causing vehicle blocks or rework
Knowledge Skills and Experience required;
- Self-motivated, analytical and logical.
- Ability for creative thinking.
- Overall knowledge of logistics processes, strategies and concepts.
- General IT Skills (Desktop), Business Process IT Skills.
- Strong project management skills
- BTEC or equivalent Mechanical Engineering qualification
This is a 12 month contract opportunity working for a well-known automotive manufacturer based in Oxford and offering a competitive hourly LTD rate.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible.