- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Simon Roberts
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446113
- Expiry Date: 01 July 2022
- Job Ref: 59214
Salary range £45,000 - £60,000 (DOE) + London Weighting + car allowance + commission + pension
South-East London, Kent
A degree qualified Mechanical Engineer is required for a busy and successful Engineering Consultancy, working with a vast range of clients they are now looking to recruit a practically minded hands-on Mechanical Engineer. Ideally a Chartered Member of the IMechE or working towards Chartered Engineer status you will have broad industry knowledge and practical experience. This is a rare opportunity to join a business that can offer diverse, technically challenging work, which will provide unrivalled job satisfaction and the potential for career progression. You will be responsible for technical investigations from beginning to end, collecting evidence on site, to preparing and generating technical reports that will substantiate your conclusions.
To be considered for this Mechanical Engineer role you must have:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, supported by strong post graduate practical engineering experience, which could encompass other disciplines, materials, quality, electrical/electronic, forensic, mechatronic, civil, chemical, health & safety.
- A broad practical hands-on engineering background supported by continued professional development and membership of a recognised professional body (IMechE, IET, IOM3, IOSH, IChemE).
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis experience with an ability to drill down to unearth the true root cause of incident and accident failure modes.
- The flexibility to respond and travel locally at short notice to collect evidence and investigate engineering failures.
- Strong technical report writing - able to produce reports that are factually correct, based on reliable evidence, that are clear, concise, unambiguous and easy to understand.
- An ability to convey complex engineering concepts and theories in plain simple layman’s terms that will ensure a high level of understanding.
- A curious enquiring mind with an ability to investigate a wide range of engineering failure modes.
- An understanding of safe systems of work and wider Health & Safety legislation would be extremely useful.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, writing and presentation, comfortable interviewing and questioning people to collect evidence when required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful forensic engineering company as a Mechanical Engineer that offers a challenging and rewarding career. The role requires a long-term commitment that will include full legal and expert witness training. Based on success you will be eligible to join an attractive commission scheme and longer-term promotion to Partner will provide equity in the business. Starting salary will depend greatly on your technical knowledge and practical engineering experience and ability to become a full fee earning Consultant.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.