- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Health & safety
- Contact: Simon Roberts
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446113
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59214
Forensic Mechanical Engineering
Salary up to £50,000 (doe) + car allowance + pension
Maidstone – South East
A degree qualified Mechanical Engineer is required for this busy national Forensic Engineering Consultancy. Working with a vast range of clients they are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer, ideally a Chartered Member of the IMechE or working towards Chartered Engineer status, with broad industry experience and knowledge. This is a rare opportunity to join a business that can offer technically focussed work that is both diverse and challenging and will also provide unrivalled job satisfaction and the potential for career progression to Partner level. You will be responsible for technical investigations from beginning to end, collecting evidence on site, to preparing and generating the final technical report that will substantiate your conclusions.
To be considered for this Forensic Mechanical Engineer role you must have
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, supported by strong post graduate engineering experience, that could encompass other disciplines including, materials, electrical/electronic, mechatronic, civil, health & safety.
- A broad engineering background that is supported by continued professional development and membership of a recognised professional body (IMechE, IET, IOM3, IOSH, IChemE).
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis experience with an ability to drill down to unearth the true root cause of incident and accident failure modes.
- The flexibility to respond and travel at short notice to collect evidence and investigate engineering failures.
- Strong technical report writing - able to produce reports that are factually correct, based on reliable evidence that are clear, concise, unambiguous and easy to understand.
- An ability to convey complex engineering concepts, theories and issues in plain easy to understand English that is easily understood in layman’s terms.
- An enquiring mind with the ability to investigate a wide range of engineering failure modes.
- An understanding of safety systems and wider Health & Safety legislation would be extremely useful.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, writing and presentation, comfortable interviewing and questioning people to collect evidence when required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful national/regional engineering consultancy as a Forensic Mechanical Engineer that offers a challenging and rewarding career. The role requires a long-term commitment that will include full training (legal and expert witness). The business is looking for candidates that have the potential to become Partners as part of a succession plan over the next 2-5 years. Following a period of hands-on training and development you will be eligible to join the company’s bonus scheme which will further enhance your earning potential and longer term equity will be available on promotion to Partner.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.