Competitive Salary and excellent benefits
Consultant Engineer - Cumbria
Our Client is a consultancy group focused on the supply, delivery and management of modelling software in support of dynamic analysis. With market usage by naval architects, engineers, consultants and designers to analyse and solve engineering problems, they are seeking a further Consultant Engineer to join their organisation in Cumbria to support product and service delivery, training, customer engagement and problem solving, globally.
Their software and approach are flexible enough to accommodate the needs of large corporates requiring hundreds of licenses and individuals who just require one. Their core sectors are focused on research, analysis and engineering in oil & gas, wet renewables, oceanographic, seismic, defence, and aquaculture, this continuously developing software constantly supports the needs of evolving engineering challenges and new market requirements.
As an experienced engineer with a strength and confidence to support direct client facing activity, the role will focus on the following core responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to existing customers as well as support the development and integration of new clients
- Provide and deliver training to new and existing customers either in their own places of work or at our Clients' offices in Cumbria
- Support internal and external customer relationship management as well as marketing and event/exhibition delivery to maximise quality of service and develop further opportunities for customer engagement
- Travel in the UK and internationally to support customer support and engagement
Software support forms the largest single part of our Clients' work and is, by its very nature, unpredictable both in terms of quantity and content. Support work often entails working on complex and challenging models which by their nature are not 'routine'.
Our Client has technically qualified staff from varied backgrounds including aeronautical engineering, marine hydrodynamics, bend stiffener manufacture, armaments, subsea connectors, stress analysis and heat transfer. All have gained considerable experience of offshore system dynamics and related fields during their time with our Client. Their work falls into four main areas: software support, analysis projects, training and marketing. All members of the consultancy group assist in these activities.
Candidate Opportunities and Requirements
Based in a beautiful and rural part of the UK, there is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to relocate and join a Client where their culture truly embraces this natural landscape, offering an 'away from city' working activity and experience.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have at least the following skills and strengths:
- a sound technical background as evidenced by a good honours, or higher degree in a predominantly numerate subject
- a strong analytical ability and a sound understanding of basic engineering principles, ideally in the areas of stress analysis and hydrodynamics
- an enquiring mind, along with attention to detail and a strong desire to fully understand technical issues
- clarity of thought together with excellent written and oral communication skills, and a confident outgoing manner consistent with the group's customer liaison activities
- If possible, have a working awareness of OrcaFlex - although full training will be provided
- Candidates with relevant work experience should have a demonstrably strong and successful track record in both numerical analysis and associated client-liaison activities
In summary, candidates with a liking for, and aptitude in, numerical analysis are best suited to for this role. For this reason, we welcome applications from those with a background in mathematics or physics as well as from those with a background in engineering.
Full training and mentoring will be provided for all new staff joining the organisation as it is vital that users of their software know how to use it properly and efficiently.
A competitive salary and benefits plus relocation support are available for the successful candidate. Joining this business, you will work with a small, fully established consultative team working in a technically strong, but globally facing environment. Candidates will need to be eligible to work in the UK and have a passport to support international travel.
If you feel you have the technical and professional expertise to support this role, as well have the personal interest to embrace an alternative working environment and lifestyle, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.