- Sector: Power
- Function: Operations
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Duration: Perm
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 22 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61429
Title: Construction Engineer
Location: Jersey, Channel Islands
Salary: Competitive Salary + Relocation Assistance
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced Construction Engineer to work for our client on the Island of Jersey, the role will be involved in providing effective management and leadership within the Construction department, an ensuring the company reinforcement, alteration, and replacement of electrical assets are carried out to a high customer standard and established practice.
- More specifically the role will provide technical and practical direction to the Construction Team, ensuring asset/system reliability and stability, value for money, manpower efficiency, technical compliance high safety standards and excellent customer service whilst upholding the Company’s purpose, vision and values.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Construction Team in providing an efficient and customer driven experience ensuring the company, Construction activities are implemented to the highest accuracy and levels of professionalism associated with new supplies, substation refurbishment and cable diversions.
- Ensure that faults are repaired promptly and supplies restored within the companies security of supply standards.
- Ensure that appropriate plans are produced and implemented to maintain optimum levels of performance management.
- Ensure that all team members are fully engaged, including, developing suitable training programmes and monitoring progress.
- Provision of appropriate coaching and mentoring to construction team where required.
- Research and work collaboratively with the Senior Construction Engineer / construction engineers and other relevant external and internal service providers and experts in the relevant disciplines/fields, ensuring that there is a comprehensive understanding of the Business needs both presently and in the future, ensuring research knowledge is applied and developed where relevant to enhance engineering and business practice.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate professional relationship with relevant networks of support and personal development (CPD).
- Lead in the collaborative working on Distribution projects for the Company, providing direction for the Construction team and liaising with the Senior Construction Engineer ensuring that the Projects meet the standards set out in the project specification & polices.
- Supervise and account for appointed Contractors, ensuring compliance to companies standards and adherence to contract via comprehensive monitoring and reporting systems (contract management Plan).
- Assist in the development of Construction Procedures associated with the Supply team ensuring that appropriate formal procedures are produced, understood and practiced in the Supply team.
- Ensure appropriate compliance with HS&E, Company procedures, Distribution Safety Rules and Industry best practice, ensuring that appropriate auditable records are kept.
- Strive to ensure whole team delivers excellent levels of customer service.
Qualifications & Training:
- Equivalent of 5+ years experienced professional in utilities role
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- 11kV Senior Authorised Person (DSR)
- Clean Driving Licence
- Prince 2 (Desirable)
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.