£24.00 - £31.50 per hour
11 months ago
Job Title: Construction & Infrastructure Project Engineer
Contract length: up to 12 months
A Construction & Infrastructure Projects Engineer is required to join a leading off-highways engineering organisation based in Stafford. This position works both independently and as part of a team that drives towards a world class facility environment with robust manufacturing processes and systems.
This function is responsible for managing construction & infrastructure project activities, driving energy efficiency initiatives and reviewing & developing contractor control methods. All aligned to achieving the world class facility objectives in the areas of People, Quality, Velocity and Cost. The incumbent will have a track record of managing projects and establishing controlled processes and safe systems of work through to completion.
- Management of facility improvement projects in support of EHS, Security and Process Excellence activities.
- Actively managing communications, completion and handover of facility improvement projects.
- Management of sub-contractor scope, procurement / selection, utilisation and payment supporting defined project activities.
- Drive World Class manufacturing environment for the Stafford site, defining current state, risks, refurbishment plans and critical asset controls.
- Support energy efficiency and environmental performance goals by implementing new technologies and robust sustainable equipment and processes.
- Development, monitoring and continuous improvement of technical services safety policies and standards.
- Developing a selected supplier list through benchmarking and supplier performance reviews alongside the Global Purchasing organisation.
- Report project status at key milestones to facility and business stakeholders.
- Perform technical analysis of facility operations and manufacturing processes to support management decisions.
- Respond to customer issues and lead process improvements.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in a Construction or Manufacturing Engineering related discipline or equivalent extensive experience.
- Management of projects in line with CDM requirements.
- Track record of delivering projects with sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts such as Lean, CI, Process auditing, Safety Management.
- Experience project managing construction and / or manufacturing equipment projects.
- Must be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude to take ownership of issues / deliver sustainable improvements and be an effective team player with the ability to communicate across all functions within business
If you are interested in this position, and have the required experience, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.