- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 12 July 2022
- Job Ref: 60841
Connected Car Test Engineer - JP00000486
PAYE £24.48 - £31.00 p/h - depending on experience (Inside IR35)
To start ASAP - 12 months assignment
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Support in the resolution of issues within corporate deadlines
- Weekly report showing status of connected car project quality
- Continuous improvement of connected services
As part of the Vehicle Validation team you will be responsible for validating the connected car systems End to End from application to Vehicle against specifications and regulatory requirements
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Confirm End to End system validation for connected cars within the on-board and off-board environment.
- Raise incident tickets in the incident management system and track them through to closure.
- Develop testing methods & procedures that comply with specifications and regulatory requirements to ensure robust validation of the complete telematics system.
- Confirm vehicle level quality, function & reliability standards are maintained by the changes you will be validating.
- Cross functional working with project quality, management and engineering teams to ensure early response & transparency to concerns.
- Conduct Root cause investigation of complex concerns with the stakeholders.
- Creation of test reports in line with vehicle testing.
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development relating to vehicle body electronics, navigation or telematics systems e.g., in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have knowledge of the electrical architecture of modern vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding.
- Have a good awareness of Connected car system onboard & offboard
- Experience of MS Azure OMS & Kusto Query is an advantage but not essential
- Be able to demonstrate and have practical experience in problem solving tools and techniques
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft presentation.
- Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self-motivating and self-managing, Pro-active, energetic, and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be long distance and or at short notice.
- Valid UK/European driving licence is MUST.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.