£24 per hour
Connected Car TCU Design & Application Engineer (JP00000326)
£24 per hour PAYE rate (Inside IR35)
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Maintain BOM for Vehicles in Europe & Russia - HW & Configuration
- Feature Owner Design reviews for Remote Commands - Onboard
- Coordinate Test plan to support Quality achievement of new SW releases
- Support Departmental Cost & Quality achievement targets
Connected Car TCU Design & Application Engineer:
- Implementation of on-board telematics systems for all vehicles manufactured in Europe and Russia.
- Generate and release Configuration data for TCU for Europe & Russian Vehicles
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
- Coordination of in house and supplier validation of TCU to design standards ahead of new SW releases
- Collaboration with Off Board Connected Car team, test teams (both on board and off board) and customer orientated engineering team to confirm system performance for remote commands
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure technical solution supports business objectives & with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements.
- Status reporting to management at all levels.
Qualifications, skills training requirements
- Have an understanding and experience of telematics system developments or similar
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, over years or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product.
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Affable and energetic personality.
- Flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Understand Mechanical Engineering principles, electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Knowledge of software and hardware development.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer.
- Competent with PC applications. MS office, Image editing etc.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.