about 2 years ago
Connected Car Project Management Engineer - R000022189
We are seeking a Connected Car Project Management Engineer to be part of the Vehicle Validation team where they will be responsible for maintaining multiple project launches and ensuring the progress of the validation team is on track for both on & off board developments of Navigation & connected car.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Connected Car Project Management Engineer with relevant project management experience in automotive electrical and electronic development or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar for a new contract role.
As a Connected Car Project Management Engineer you will be required to:
- Be responsible for co-ordinating cross carline project management for both on board & off board connected car & navigation teams.
- Collaborate with Connected Car design & test team to define & maintain project development Scope, schedule and testing plans
- Manage & maintain cross carline development planner and ensure project engineers maintain development schedules & quality targets through all gateways
- Resource management for effective deployment and allocation of resources when and where they are needed (Vehicles / Test parts / Technicians)
- Effective information management by acquisition of information from one or many sources and distribution to convey the status of the project
- Preparation of consolidation reports for management to review analyse & approve.
- Assistance to team members related to the organisational tools & methods of program tracking & reporting by acquiring necessary information
- To understand and operate within the Health and Safety rules defined by the company.
The Connected Car Project Management Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Have relevant project management experience in automotive electrical and electronic development or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project.
- Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be long distance and or at short notice.
- Valid UK/European driving licence is essential
If you have any questions about the Connected Car Project Management Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship