Concept and Process Engineer
Up to £25.32 p/h Ltd
As a Concept & Process Engineer you'll operate as a subject matter expert of your assigned portfolio of tooling, and provide regular, structured updates on panel feasibility including die process, quality, material utilisation and performance.
You'll be expected to establish a professional, engineering interface with design, product engineering & all other manufacturing teams AME/BIW, DMBI, Paint, etc and tooling vendors to achieve the process concept & production sign off & ensure robust management of engineering change with minimal impact to the project outcomes.
You'll also need to perform and validate simulations of stamping processes (Auto Form) and produce comprehensive formability information to feedback to Engineering & programme management teams to aid the manufacturability of the product. During the delivery phase you will also work very closely with the Engineering & planning delivery teams.
In this role you'll also travel to suppliers both UK based and overseas as well as periods in other Press Shops during launch periods.
- You'll need experience in a materials engineering or forming environment with a sound process engineering background, along with knowledge and familiarity of key processes, facilities and technologies used throughout the pressed parts process chain.
- You'll also have a working knowledge of Team Centre, Catia v5 and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. A relevant engineering degree is not essential but would be an advantage, as would time served in related engineering disciplines.
- You'll be a flexible, self-motivated, organised and confident team player who is able to understand the needs, desires, aspirations and priorities of competing customers, whilst also communicates effectively to all levels of the business including internal and external stakeholders.
- You'll need experience in a materials engineering or forming environment with a sound process engineering background along with knowledge and familiarity with key pressed metal panel processes (Steel & Aluminium), facilities and technologies used throughout the pressed parts process chain.
- You'll also have a working knowledge of Team Centre and Catia v5.
- Pressed panel feasibility & Process, including Material Forming Simulations FEA (Auto Form software)
- You'll also have a working knowledge of Team Centre & expensive CAD experience (Catia v5 not essential training possible)
- Experience using Microsoft applications, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
A relevant Engineering Degree is not essential but would be an advantage, as would time served in related Engineering disciplines
This is a 6-month contract based at Gaydon and offering an hourly rate of up to £30.53 Ltd, depending upon experience.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible.