- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Chris Mead
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384446128
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: August 2022
- Expiry Date: 07 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61888
Job Title: Composite Trimmer
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has experience of preparing, trimming and fitting composite components to vehicles to get the chance to their skills and knowledge to develop prototype, one off, special build and motorsport vehicles.
In return this Wellingborough based company will offer you a salary of circa £35,000 + benefits.
Responsibilities of the Product Development Technician will be:
- Trim and fit composite components and prepare composite moulds primarily for the automotive industry whilst giving attention to detail, cost and quality.
- Work to technical drawings and internal and external specifications whilst ensuring accuracy and documenting the process.
- Bond and trim assemblies to defined standards.
- Fettle moulds and patterns to defined standards.
- Cut and bond pattern materials to defined standards.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement activities of the department.
You will be someone with:
- Experience of trimming and fitting a range of composite materials in the motorsport, automotive or aerospace industries
- Experience of bonding complex assemblies with sub-assemblies, inserts and fixings.
- Experience of surface preparation for bonding metallic and composite materials.
- Good understanding of adhesives and bonding procedures.
- Have a high attention to detail, strong communication skills and ability to use your own initiative.
- Comfortable working to tight timeframes whilst adhering to high quality standards
- GCSE grades A - C.
For further information on the Product Development Technician position please contact Chris Mead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by telephone on: 01384 446128.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.