Composite Materials Design Engineer - 35757 - up to £32.45/hr - Advanced Engineering
- Design of jigs and fixtures to support testing in research activities
- Design of tooling for in-house manufacture to allow production of process representative parts.
- Design of components from Body In White areas of an Automotive Vehicle
- Proven composite material selection experience to balance function and cost
- Knowledge of composite material characterisation to build CAE job cards
- Demonstrable understanding of composite processing methods and their prediction
- Needs to demonstrate exceptional levels of experience in the areas of: Composite material characterisation
- Able to identify optimum composite material composition for cost / function
- Experience at writing bills of design
- Demonstrable understanding of composite processing methods and their prediction.
- Experience of packaging vehicle concepts and integration of component systems.
- Experience of working in a research environment
- Experience of delivering government funded activities
- Experienced in Composite Component design from clean sheet.
- Experience of packaging competent systems.
- Experience in designing complex mechanical systems.
- Understanding of Composite & Metallic Material/Properties and manufacturing methods and processes.
- Catia V6 desirable.
- Use of CAE tools to prove robustness of design desirable.
- Understanding and usage of Geometric tolerancing.
- Strong Understanding of Design for Manufacture.
- Clean Driving Licence.
- Broad Knowledge of Automotive systems and Components and Packaging.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.