- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 27 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59274
Component Test Technician
Up to £18/hr - Inside IR35
A globally recognised diesel engine manufacturer has just made available an initial 12-month contract for a Development Test Technician to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity working alongside professional Engineers in the Europe Research Development Centre, to progress your career with one of the leading manufacturers of Diesel Engines.
The key responsibility will be to conduct technical investigations of current and future products, working with engine components or systems to validate for performance and durability. Investigations and tests are varied in nature and may be in a laboratory, manufacturing facility or on machine.
The component test team gives the flexibility for employees to work in a number of interesting and stimulating fields of experimental and development testing, matching core skills and interests as appropriate.
Key aims of the Engine Component Test Technician:
- Instrumentation of equipment or components with a variety of transducers and sensors to capture data. This can range from strain gauges, accelerometers and displacement to flow pressure and temperature.
- Operate test equipment and conduct investigation as directed by engineers to obtain, analyse and summarise data.
- Records evaluation results in appropriate form (curves, charts, tables, sketches, photographs) with the appropriate tools (hardcopy, software, etc.) to engineer for inclusion in technical reports.
- Technicians will be expected to have direct contact with components working in the lab and with test rigs; observing, operating and testing the product or component, together with recording of various test data measurement points.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A practical mechanical engineering background, ideally apprentice trained, is preferred.
- It is not mandatory for experience in component testing or the specifics of data capture, a good aptitude to demonstrate competence will be considered.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.