A Component Engineer is required with experience of layout & packaging.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Component Engineer to deliver vehicle projects to market, design & develop electrical and electronic systems to specific design standards for a new contract role.
As a Component Engineer, you will be required to carry out the following:
- Interior part design.
- Development responsibility for automotive Cockpit, Console & other Interior parts to meet performance, quality and cost.
- Performance target setting of interior system and each component.
- Collaborate design activity with part supplier to achieve target performance and cost.
- Interface design to other commodity of vehicle engineering
The Component Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related subject
- The main responsibilities are project and supplier management for all aspects of OEM development including:
- Interior System concept definition, Component performance planning and validation.
- Component layout & packaging, and styling feedback.
- Management of Digital 3D Data & Drawing Creation.
- Production preparation and quality achievement.
- BOM management, cost management.
- Technical communication with project stakeholder, supplier and manufacturing.
If you have any questions about the Component Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262