about 2 years ago
Component Engineer- plastic injection moulding
Permanent salary- DOE
Our Client, a prestigious international Electrical Wiring Company, are looking for a component engineer to provide technical support internally and with suppliers acting as a Component expert for new development, catalogue and/or mass production parts as assigned.
In charge of the totality of the product development, from supplier consultation until customer approval, the role will support management of component development, design changes feasibility, costs & planning and be strategic in the introduction of plastic and rubber parts so that they are fitted to electrical wiring harness.
Additionally, the Component Engineer will:
- Provide to the purchasing team the necessary technical elements to proceed with quotation requests and participate in the selection of the expert supplier
- Organise & lead technical meetings, design reviews and mock ups with the customers, suppliers and internally during development & mass production, in line with technical, planning and quality, requirements.
The ideal Candidate will be/have:
- Knowledge of Plastic injection moulded and rubber moulded products
- Previous project management experience with a bias toward supplier and supply chain
- Previously driven the suppliers to update the related customer drawings, user manuals & PSW documents.
- Understanding of 2D/3D design tools and some Electrical knowledge ideally
- Knowledge of tooling and tooling development projects for plastic and rubber components
If you are interested and would like to be considered for this role, please apply now. Alternatively, please get in touch with Chiara Caterisano at Jonathan Lee to discuss.