- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 08 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61907
Title: Component Engineer (Damper/Sensor)
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: - up to £25.14/hr Ltd umbrella
The successful candidate will have responsibility for design and engineering delivery to production of Damper / Sensor Components for Suspension Systems.
- Develop/design components through close working relationships with interfacing teams (e.g. BIW, Chassis, Powertrain, Electrical, Manufacturing, Service).
- Manage Damper / Sensor suppliers to deliver required designs for prototype builds and production.
- Apply Failure Mode Avoidance techniques (FMEA).
- Manage Design Verification Plan for testing conducted at the supplier and at JLR and record using the JLR requirement management system (RMDV).
- Release and manage engineering designs using JLR systems (e.g. WERS, AIMS).
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions.
- Effective planning and delivery to quality, cost and timing targets
- Demonstrable understanding of chassis suspension components.
- Experience in an Engineering role.
- Understanding of Engineering Quality principals, primarily DFMEA
- Experience in developing, reviewing, validating component designs
- Project supplier management experience
- BOM releasing experience
** THIS POSITION IS DEEMED TO BE INSIDE IR35 **
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.