£40k - 45k per year
4 months ago
To £45,000 p.a. plus benefits
A Component Engineer is required to be responsible for the design, development, sign-off and release of powertrain components. Candidates with knowledge of design for manufacture (manufacturing processes selection, material selection and process control technologies), machining techniques and technologies and tolerance design would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Component Engineer, based in Basildon, to play a crucial part in the development of modern passenger car powertrain systems. As a Component Engineer you will be required to:
- Ability to interpret CAE and CFD analysis data to determine impact on the component design
- Development of FMEA and design verification test plans
- Ability to analyse test data results and impact on design
- Support component specifications for sign-off
- Preparation of reports (verbal and written), providing robust recommendations and proposals
The Component Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Excellent understanding and experience in vehicle/powertrain system and component requirements (ICE, e-machines, hybrid systems, battery systems, etc)
- Knowledge of GD and T, FMEA, DVP and R, 8D Techniques
- Knowledge/Experience in CAD tools such as Catia, NX or equivalent
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone capable of working independently as well as part of large and small teams to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
- Up to £45,000 p.a.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Component Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Component Engineer role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.