Our client, an established automotive tier 1 business are looking for a Component Engineer that has an extensive knowledge of plastic injection moulding and tooling that can work with suppliers and customer to drive the business forward.
The Component Engineer will be responsible for one or multiple harness related component families:
- Take in charge the totality of the development, from supplier consultation until customer approval for new development, catalogue parts and/or mass production parts as assigned.
- Provide technical support, manage technical subjects with suppliers and develop own expertise.
- For new developments, provide to the purchasing team, the necessary technical elements to proceed with quotation requests and participate in the selection of the expert supplier.
- Organise & lead technical meetings, design reviews and mock ups with the customers, suppliers and internally during development & mass production, in line with technical, planning and quality, requirements.
- Travel regularly to customer and supplier sites and occasionally to the different sites of the group to support management of component development, design changes feasibility, costs & planning.
- Analyse risks and put in place the related action plans and validation plans.
- Drive the suppliers to update the related customer drawings, user manuals & PSW documents. Use of 2D/3D design tools occasionally required to support this feedback.
- Obtain the customer homologation of the component.
- Know the customer specifications and analyse pro-actively the impact of any changes.
- Monitor technology evolution; identify VAVE and/or inter-project synergies.
- Provide technical support to internal and customer teams.
The company is based in Swansea and successful candidates will be able to stay there for a couple of days a week with the rest being spent onsite at clients and suppliers