£30 - 40 per hour
Component Development Engineer - Air OR Fuel
Up to £40.00 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
Peterborough (WFH flex)
The successful applicant for this position will join a component engineering team and will take responsibility for development activities of components and systems for branded engine ranges.
Air or fuel systems knowledge REQUIRED for this role.
Ideal candidates will have engine development experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan & execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Candidates should be experienced in performing several of the below:
- Technical project leadership of the delivery of engine components & systems on New Product Introduction programmes.
- Data analysis, development & validation of engine components and systems.
- Technical leadership for problem resolution on engine component and systems.
- Assessment and data analysis of component / system level issues.
- Component supplier management and collaboration.
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and define validation requirements.
- Support field and production issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions.
To apply for this position you should have the following:
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- IC engine knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated component ownership
Experience of one of the following areas required:
- High and low pressure fuel system components and or systems.
- Turbocharger / Air intake components and or systems.
- EGR components and or systems.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.