£25 - £41 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Job title: Component Design Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £40.00 per hour LTD
Industry: Off Highway - Diesel Engines
A Component Design Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Component Engineering are responsible for mechanical design and development of engine design for engines up to 7 litres which are used in a range of machine platforms.
Each project offers the opportunity to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Development experience of engine components and systems, including both rig and whole engine testing.
- Good understanding of Manufacturing principles & processes.
- Design experience of engine components and systems 3D CAD (Pro-Engineer CREO).
- Good understanding of engine design.
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA.
Please contact James Tilley for details.