- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 03 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59358
Title: Component Chassis Systems Engineer - 37350
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £26.32/hr Ltd (c£20.30/hr PAYE rate)
The Suspension Function Group (SFG) team is responsible for the design, analysis and release of vehicle chassis suspension components including, springs, dampers, roll control and air supply commodities. This includes developing and implementing system and component strategies, developing detailed designs and delivering Engineering sign-off against customer requirements.
Within Suspension Function Group the Bush Team have responsibility for target concurrence, design, development & Release of:
- Elastomer and hydraulic bushes
- Subframe to body
Bushes have significant contribution to the overall vehicle attribute performance particularly refinement and vehicle dynamics, as well as quality in terms of error state avoidance and component reliability.
Delivery of these components and systems is an essential element in delivering successful and profitable programmes. You will be for supporting the delivery of components from concept to production overseeing all stages of the design, validation and production launch of components ensuring smooth integration between the bushes and the tier 1 commodities (links, knuckles & Frames). As we move into an integrated systems engineering culture this will also involve interaction with the Axle System Development teams.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic with the ability to deliver high quality technical solutions.
- Proven ability to deliver a number of projects against a fixed time frame whilst also delivering to quality and cost.
- Excellent communications skills, self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
HND / HNC - Mechanical
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.