- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 08 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60219
Title: Component and Systems Hardware Engineer - 37612
Division: Special Vehicle Operations
Contract Position based at: Fen End, Warwick
Rate: up to £30.17/hr Ltd (c. £23.27/hr PAYE option)
We are looking for someone with the right skills to ensure hardware meets requirements. This would include:
- Reviewing and Approving Test Plans and Results
- DOORs, RTC and Compliance Matrix Management and Status
- Provide process and technical support to HIL team (With hardware perspective)
- Lead failure investigation analysis of current production and development ECUs
- Manage ECU delivery to PPAP
- Create and maintain a comprehensive evidence record.
- Reviewing and approving supplier design analysis of electronic circuits, PCB layout and mechanical design.
- Electronic HW Design and Simulation Experience
- Mechanical Design of Enclosures and Environmental Test Standards & EMC awareness including review and approval of test reports.
- Software integration experience & Authoring Specifications and Requirements
- Hands on experience in electronic hardware design, development & validation preferably in automotive industry
- Understanding of systems analysis and IC validation
- In-circuit Test development & test automation
- Knowledge of various electrical sensors (Analogue and Digital)
- Knowledge of CAN, SPI, Flexray Knowledge of data logging and analysis
- Experience of production software development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development V cycle, from requirements to validation.
- Experience with 32,16 and 8bits microcontrollers;
- Experience with Infineon Aurix, MPC55xx, HCS08 would be an advantage
- Proficiency in using test equipment including, but not limited to, Canalyser, Canape, oscilloscope, digital logic analyser and other test equipment
- Excellent problem solving and issue investigation skills.
- Must be independently mobile across all sites with full UK driving license"
- Understanding of Automotive Standards for Electrical, EMC and the Environment
- Understanding of quality and robustness techniques and standards such as FMEA, P-Diagrams, noise factor analysis, and data analysis techniques to support this
- Prior automotive experience preferred
- Experience of virtual test, component test and vehicle testing including proving ground environments
- Component and system level issue investigations including appropriate problem solving and reporting tools (Six Sigma, 5D, Is / Is Not, Fault Tree etc)
- Understanding of automotive networking, diagnostics and fault handling techniques, and related system development tools (CANalyzer, ASL, CANape, Corvus etc.)
- Experience of safety critical systems including standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 or similar.
Other skills required:
- High Volume Production of Electronics
- Supplier Management techniques and Program Management experience.
- Review and approval of supplier electrical and electronic functional test plans
- Requirements definition and review and approval of Test Software
- Design and Commissioning of Test Equipment for Formal Design Validation
- Collaborating with other disciplines (Software, Mechanical, Program Management) and working within teams
- Experienced and independent engineer to join an established team to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision to work with our suppliers to ensure a timely and robust delivery of ECUs in the automotive sector.
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills to liaise with Core Chassis manager, SVO Electrical Manager & other stakeholders
Electronics Engineering Degree preferred
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.