Compliance Product Engineering Project Manager
Up to £59,500 + package
Can you perform the role of Regulatory Compliance Engineering Leader, supporting the development of diesel engines up to 7.1L and working with product managers and engineers to ensure that product regulations are met across a range of projects? You will lead projects to improve business processes, implement new regulatory requirements and identify compliance risks for new products.
Key responsibilities in this Compliance Product Engineering Project Management role will include:
- Leading initiatives to introduce compliance to new regulations, provide training and drive increased cultural awareness of Product Safety and Regulatory Issues.
- Offer contribution to strategies for new processes and products driven by regulatory requirements.
- The identification of regulatory requirements, their impact on products and engineering actions.
- Providing regulatory guidance to Product Managers, Engineers and Customers.
- The identification and interpretation of global non-emissions product standards, regulations and certification requirements for Diesel Engines across all product lines and markets.
- Ensuring the timely completion of projects to demonstrate compliance of products to regulatory requirements.
- To design and implement processes so as to ensure product compliance can be demonstrated and maintained.
- Keeping up to speed with regulatory requirements associated with engines, engine applications and engine technologies.
Qualifications and experience required for the role include;
- Degree in Engineering or detailed experience in a relevant product design and development environment.
- Professional Engineering accreditation (e.g. CEng).
- Six (6) Sigma Black Belt or Project Management Qualification.
- Previous Project Engineering experience, ideally gained working as a Programme Lead for a Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engine Manufacturer.
- Knowledge of diesel engines, earthmoving machinery, construction equipment or generating sets.
- Experience in creating product compliance documentation that demonstrates compliance to 2006/42/EC, 2011/65/EU, ISO13849 (Technical Files, Risk Assessments).
- Knowledge of a range product regulatory requirements e.g. EU Machinery Directive, REACH, RoHS, Functional Safety, EMC, RED, PED.
- Strong commitment to product safety and quality, with excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Proven ability to build strategic working relationships, understand business constraints and context, and resolve conflict through compromise and consensus building.
- Experience of leading process development and change management.
You will work with global partners in this role and must have a UK driving licence.
If keen to learn more about this Compliance Product Engineering Project Managers post please contact Grant Nisbet for further details.