£50k - 60k per year
7 months ago
A new Compliance Engineer is required for a leading Automation and Robotics company. My client is looking for a talented and motivated Compliance and Safety Risk Manager. The candidate will have a strong understanding of the regulatory compliance schemes and the process required to specify, test, qualify, document and maintain certifications related to Machine Safety and Functional Safety compliance for domestic and international markets.
The role of Compliance Engineer will include the following:
- Interpret and apply regulations, standards and requirements to new technologies/products
- Work with external testing houses to ensure certifications are achieved and maintained
- Conduct external Risk Assessment, Design Reviews, Factory/Site Acceptance testing and launch support
- Prepare technical files for CE certification
- Provide Safety & Compliance input during the product scoping to identify any concerns for operators interacting with the equipment
- Evaluate and review schematics and drawings and provide Safety & Compliance input during product development/early design
- Create and maintain problem resolution procedures and identify need for new tools to support existing solutions
The suitable candidate for Compliance Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, safety or a related science-based field
- 5+ years’ experience applying safety principles and addressing safety issues in a manufacturing, warehouse or other operations focused environment
- Experience working on bespoke robotics/machines
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience supporting safety programmes by means of identifying equipment needs, documentation needs, support equipment needs, staging and support of equipment to be tested, debug capabilities, etc.
- Experience of interacting with customers, regulatory agencies, test labs, etc.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of machine safety and compliance regulations and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Compliance Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.