Title: Complexity Management Analyst
Salary Range: £41.57 - £47.86
Contract Position based at: Whitley and Gaydon
The Complexity Management (CM) team sits within Product and Architecture Strategy. This growing team has the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the overall business performance by simplifying engineering and reducing complexity. This is to ensure that we can improve quality, reduce investment, resource and variable costs. We also have to be able to develop the customer offer strategy to maximise profit through utilisation of Complexity Management toolsets.
The Analytics Centre of Excellence (COE) is a newly formed team with a vision to create competitive advantage for through being the world leader in automotive analytics. The Corporate Analytics Team is responsible for developing and delivering our analytics strategy, coordinating analytics programmes across the organisation and solving our most complex analytics problems. To do this we have assembled an expert multi-disciplinary team of analytics professionals from a wide range of backgrounds.
Examples of existing Analytics projects include providing new insight to improve sales and change business behaviours, to reinventing business processes through automation of data processes. We are now seeking to expand on the COE capability by developing Analytics roles that are dedicated to specific Business Functions; this particular role is a collaboration between Complexity Management and Data Analytics.
The role is to develop the existing Complexity Management data analytics toolset from its current state as a prototype, to a fully productionised corporate tool including:
- Improving and developing functionality
- Ensuring user experience and performance is optimised
- Ensuring both input and output data integrity is high.
We are looking for an outstanding problem solver who is inquisitive and excellent with technology. They will be executing data analytics projects that are varied in nature and demand a wide spectrum of skills, but with a key focus on data visualisation. They will need to love working with data and to be detail orientated and methodical and have a flair for conveying actionable insights through data visualisation. The role will require working within business teams across multiple functions. They'll need to be an excellent team member with an ability to build trust, and clearly and simply communicate the complex. In addition to deliver project work within the business function, there will be a mandatory requirement to partner closely with Corporate Data Analytics COE team to help colleagues around the business by promoting COE best practice and adherence to standards.
3 Key Skills Required:
- 1) Good knowledge of Data Visualisation principles and best practise
- 2) Experience in analytics visualisation packages Tableau / Python /SQL and demonstration that they pro-actively improve their skills in that area
- 3) Keen problem solver with a track record of developing new solutions to problems
- Experience in Tableau desktop development to an advanced level (ideally 2-3 years minimum)
- Good knowledge of Data Visualisation principles and best practise
- Numerate and or computing background
- Keen problem solver with a track record of developing new solutions to problems
- Experience in an analytics tools Excel/SQL and demonstration that they pro-actively improve their skills in that area
- 2 years business experience
- Communication skills: presenting to variety of stakeholders and ability to deliver training.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
- Experience of Tableau Server - Enterprise use of Tableau, and Tableau Admin
- Knowledge of Analytics modelling tools - Rapid Miner, Alteryx, Knime or equivalent
- Programming experience (Python, R)
- Experience working in an analytic team
- Automotive industry experience
- Statistical knowledge
- Experience of working in a strategic business function
- Understanding of data structures and orientation of data for Tableau reporting
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Creating and developing Tableau dashboards to standards
- Consulting with business clients
- Collaborating with Analytics COE developers
- Maintaining quality of their analytics work and reporting all assumptions and risks implied in their work
- Documenting work to a high standard
- Continually developing their analytics skills and seeking new solutions to problems
- Training business users within the function in the use of the developed Tableau dashboards, but also in the self-serve use of Tableau and other Analytics tools