An experienced Commodity Quality Engineer for Transmission, Driveline & EDU is required to join an automotive OEM based in Whitley.
- Support problem definition from level 1 analysis to component detail level for issues affecting Transmission, Driveline & EDU (auto transmission, drive units, electric drive units, transfer cases, propshafts, halfshafts, seals, joints) across hardware, software and calibration for current production vehicles.
- Providing technical support to the service network to support dealer diagnosis of issues; including creation of required documentation
- Liaison with component suppliers to review warranty returned parts and track supplier 8D investigation
- Adhoc support for Commodity Quality team as required.
- Expert Problem solving skills (e.g. 6 Sigma qualified, 8D, Fishbone, IS/IS NOT)
- Experience of DFMEA, failure mode analysis, prevent recurrence, lessons learned process
- Good knowledge of powertrain systems especially transmission and driveline systems and function.
- Able to guide others through problem solving and definition.
- Ability to analysis large pieces to data to determine trends and change points.
- Good communication and presentation skills, good PC/IT skills, flexible, committed, self starter & a strong team worker.
- A valid UK driving licence (max 6 points)
- Knowledge of Vehicle Architecture & system interfaces.
- Knowledge of PT and Vehicle performance attributes Formal Six Sigma trained (Yellow/Green Belt)
Relevant qualifications in Mechanical, Automotive Engineering, Electronics, or Control Systems (Degree preferred but not essential)
Need to be a self starter, happy to proactively go and make contact with people to gather information and to provide direction to those people.
Some UK and travel may be required.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.