Job Title: Commodity Leader - Turbine Commodities x1 (6059BR)
Permanent or Contract (Rates to be discussed)
Two opportunities have arisen for Lead or Commodity Engineers focussing on Fan & Compressor commodities and Turbine commodities (components) to work for our cleint in a World-Famous Aerospace Propulsion OEM based in Derby.
Candidates must have a knowledge of change management and aerospace quality management standards and procedures.
Candidates must be eligible to work in th UK at the time of applying and must meet the minimum requirements to apply for Security Clearance (at least 5 traceable years in the UK and in posession of an EEC Area passport/Citizenship)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To ensure product integrity for Installation commodities of an Aero engine by suitable deployments of various methods of manufacture in realising the original design intent of the product, interfacing with the commodity owners in design engineering organization of our cleint's customers. This also involves in proving out the manufacturing capability readiness to the required levels by validating Manufacturing systems, its related processes and capability indices in relation to product design and its performance with strict adherence to the required quality, Cost and delivery
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Implementation of robust manufacturing systems and methods for producing world class Installation commodities.
- To address and achieve stringent confirmation of all features and dimensions as per mandated in the original design intent
- To study and factor various aspects of adjoining parts and its relation to the main part/product in subject during production/assembly.
- Formulating and evaluating manufacturing strategies both in-house and external supply chain through robust Gated frame work like Integrated Product and production Readiness (IPPR), Product and Production Acceptance Planning (PPAP)
- Ability to influence Installation commodities strategies through capability acquisition, sourcing decisions with sound technical knowledge in manufacturing.
- Conduct and validate relevant Manufacturing capability assessment and Technical Oversight of special processes through Fixed Process Approval (FPA) and Fixed Process Documentation (FPD)
- Design and approve method of manufacture of Installation commodities in achieving maximised Right First Time and eventually progress towards "Zero Defects".
- Oversee process capability indices by employing various SPC techniques and sustenance through transformational predictive analytics.
- To successfully devise and implementable PFMEA and control plans in alignment to an existing or new DFMEA ensuring Design for Manufacture proactively
- To successfully demonstrate and deliberate both technical and business concerns with all levels of management with both our client and internal & Customers.
- Should successfully bring in diverse groups together to resolve technical issues/problems and perform root cause analysis in the evaluation of solutions to address Non-conformance, Lead time/Takt time issues and safety of product & manufacturing environment.
- Should author/approve various Gold standard documents and standard operating procedures as part of quality management system.
- Successfully mentor and train peers and sub ordinates as part of capability building.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Expert knowledge on various Gas turbine manufacturing processes including specials process required to produce Installation commodities.
- Hands on experience with new product introduction, process validation and quality improvement.
- Good understanding of inspection processes and quality control procedures with Practical knowledge of source or method change and classified parts control with assessment capabilities.
- Hands on experience in working alongside the Design department within concurrent engineering frame work.
- Ability to work in a team and to connect effectively with external and internal stakeholders globally.
- Fully conversant in reading and understanding Engineering & Manufacturing Drawings
- Sound knowledge interpreting the GD&T (standards ASME Y 14.5, JES 161)
- Sound knowledge in measurements system analysis (MSA)
- Expert in devising PFMEA and control plans ensuring successful implementation of Design for Manufacture.
- Hands on experience in using all types of measuring & testing equipment, both contact - non-contact, analogue & digital
- Able to support root cause analysis and implementation of problem solving techniques like 8D
- Working knowledge and experience of using QC tools and SPC analysis
- Hands on experience of working in CFTs to propose and implement manufacturing enhancements.
- Working knowledge on concessions, containment procedures and traceability techniques
- Sound knowledge and experience of working on FAIR, APQP, PPAP
- Awareness of aerospace requirements (AS9100, various ISO)
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving Ability
- Good Communication in English (oral & written)
- Team Player
- Self-Motivated & a Self-Starter
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Graduate in a Mechanical Degree/Diploma or equivalent work experience
Should have background on Quality Management Systems
IT SYSTEMS & SOTWARE SKILLS
MS Office tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project.
Analysis tools: Minitab
CAD tools: UG/NX
Product Lifecycle Management: Teamcenter
ADDITIONAL NON-MANDATORY SKILLS
Good understanding digital manufacturing suite and various virtual simulations platforms
Willing to travel to the Customer site & Service providers as required
Proactive approach to work in a fast paced environment
If you are looking for your next opportunity in Aerospace Engines, please apply now, or send your CV to Tim.Parkes@jonlee.co.uk or call 01384 446145 an ask for Tim Parkes for an informal and confidenial chat.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.