Urgently seeking commodity buyers with knowledge of prototype and new product development. Procurement professionals with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to ongoing progress of an exciting product development project our client, based in Wiltshire is looking to expand its procurement team. We are seeking commodity buyers with direct procurement experience gained within an engineering/manufacturing environment. Contract duration minimum 6 months.
As a Commodity Buyer you will be required to:
- Develop and deliver category strategies for a diverse range of commodities
- Fulfil departmental objectives, to include (but not limited to) cost targets, supplier performance and delivery
- Identify and source supply partners, in line with a departmental sourcing process whilst managing ongoing supplier partnerships, both tactical and strategic
The Commodity Buyer should have the following skills or experience:
- An adept cross functional team worker, with a proven track record of successful stakeholder management
- Experience of managing a sourcing process from market research through to supplier nomination, contract award and contract management
- Previous of SAP and Share Point would be a clear advantage
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Buyer to be part of a new and growing procurement team. In return for your experience, this pioneering Wiltshire based engineering company are looking to offer an attractive hourly rate.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of procurement and commodity buying and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Claire Male at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446131.