£20.84 - 20.84 per hour
An experienced Commodity Buyer for Powertrain Components is required to join an Automotive OEM based in Essex.
- Lead the development of Commodity Business Plan; lead the Global Commodity Team (GCT) to implement the strategies across regions.
- Responsible for sourcing Powertrain Control Modules for new module programs to deliver value, quality and efficiency.
- Lead global market tests, Multi-Year Agreement negotiation through strategic planning and across cycle plan to deliver the best cost.
- Lead Cost Workshops. Identify cost efficiencies with Suppliers and Cost Estimating to deliver reduced total cost of ownership to customers.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the industry segment and the competence of suppliers operating in that sector.
- Create and maintain a world class supply base through benchmarking actions and market data.
- Mitigate supplier risk and supply shortages.
- Ensure supplier readiness through supporting supplier technical assistance teams
- Monitoring supplier quality performance.
- Hold suppliers accountable to quality and field issues including the recovery of warranty cost.
- Maintain strong and effective relationships with counterparts in Cost Estimating, Supplier Technical Assistance, Programs, and Product Development and JV partners to deliver customer requirements and drive the business forward.
- Strong leadership skills to lead cross region, cross functional, multi culture teams.
- Demonstrable understanding of current challenges facing the automotive industry and the role of purchasing to support the business.
- Knowledge of Purchasing, Supply Chain Management.
- Strong business and commercial acumen and excellent written and verbal abilities
- Excellent numerical and analytical data skills
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office Tools
- An ability to present competently to management and global counterparts
- Strong organizational and project management skills; self-starter
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including relationship building preferred
Degree qualified or equivalent experience required
**THIS POSITION IS INSIDE IR35**
Role is working from home at the moment but the plan would be to return onsite once the restrictions have been lifted. Some supplier site visits to Europe (restrictions permitting)
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.